Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Situated some 50m W of junction with Chepstow Road opposite Beaufort Arms Hotel.
Telephone kiosk of K6 type, to standard design by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott introduced by the GPO in 1936, this example dates from the reign of George VI.
Telephone kiosk, square, red-painted, cast-iron, with wooden door. Domed roof with four lunettes containing embossed George VI crowns over red lettered opals and ventilation slits. Raised surrounds to sides and door with marginal bars to horizontal glazing. Blank rear, moulded plinth. Foundry plate not visible.
Reason for designation
Included as a telephone call-box of the earlier to mid C20, prominently sited in the streetscape of Raglan.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]