Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Situated on S side of A44 in short row of three houses, some 200m w of entrance to Llywernog lead mine.
House, mid C19, possibly associated with lead mines. Not marked on 1845 Tithe map, marked on 1891 OS map. The form of the building looks like a roadside inn, but no such history found.
House, painted rubble stone, with slate eaves roof and rendered stone end stacks. Two-storey symmetrical three-window front with 12-pane horned sashes, brick heads and slate sills. Centre C20 uPVC door in original surround with overlight recessed in rendered surround with small wood cornice on console brackets. Roughcast W end wall with overhanging verges.
To left is coachhouse with lower roof, two casement-pair windows under eaves and two entries with flat heads and double board doors.
Interior not available for inspection.
Reason for designation
Included as a substantial roadside house in late Georgian style.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]