Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Situated some 400m N of A44 on right side of lane to Dinas reservoir.
Mid C19 small house, probably built after 1845, as building on 1845 Tithe map is sited differently. House name is also written as Dolcarnau.
House, painted rendered rubble stone with slate close-eaved roof and two colourwashed stone stacks with dripstones, one left end, one on ridge between house and service range. Two storeys, five bays, the house proper double-fronted with two 4-pane horned sashes each floor and centre door, then service range to right has door to left and 2-pane sash under a 4-pane sash. Painted slate sills. Rubble stone lean-to on right end, corrugated iron lean-to on left. Painted rubble stone left end and rear, rear wall with one small window.
Interior has centre passage, boarded on both sides with staircase at end.
Reason for designation
Included as a little-altered small traditional house with in-line service range, a characteristic Ceredigion type..
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]